Practice Ethos and mission statement
This practice wishes to make all patients and all visitors to the surgery feel welcome.
We started in 1995 in a converted house in Toothill and patients felt that they were visiting the doctor's house. Following our move to purpose built premises in 1999, we wish to maintain that atmosphere. To that end, the majority of chairs in the waiting room are upholstered sofas and "fireside chairs" of varying heights - to allow the less mobile easy access. The kitchen was intentionally built in between reception and the patient loos to allow patients to make the tea for staff at busy times or to help themselves to a drink (but please let the reception staff know that you are doing so!).
We aim to provide the best of modern primary healthcare in a comfortable and non-anxiety-inducing setting, with only the treatment room feeling clinical due to the need for deep cleaning of rooms in which procedures are carried out.
Our Aims :
- To provide the best medical care possible within the NHS.
- To ensure easy access to a doctor or nurse who will take the time to make sure you understand your illness and treatment.
- To treat patients in a friendly and welcoming manner and not as a number in a machine.
- To provide efficient care of medical emergencies at all times.
- To enable access to all members of the Primary Health Care Team.
- To minimise waiting times and to inform patients of any delay.
- To deal with complaints sympathetically and courteously.
We ask you :
- Please cancel if you can't make an appointment. Try to be on time.
- Please only ask for visits where medically essential.
- Please do not expect a prescription at every visit.
- Please reserve out of hours calls for real medical emergencies and be aware that the doctor will probably be working the next day as well.
- Please let us know your ideas for improvements to our facilities and services.